Nunavut Legislative Library & Information Services provides reference and lending services to Members of the Legislative Assembly and their staff, Assembly staff and Government of Nunavut employees across Nunavut. The Library provides other patrons with reference and research assistance as requested.
The library is located on the 3rd floor of the Legislative Assembly Building. The hours of operation are 8:30am – 5pm EST Monday to Friday.
Contact the library by:
Nunavut Legislative Library
P.O. Box 1200,
Iqaluit NU X0A 0H0
Contact Nunavut Legislative Library email@example.com or 867-975-5132. We provide:
* Interlibrary loans
* ISBN numbers for GN publications. It is quick and simple!
* Globe & Mail on-line searches
* Essential facts about the Legislative Assembly of Nunavut 1999 to present
* Biographical information on MLAs
* Media reports or press releases since 1999 from Government of Nunavut and Legislative Assembly
* Nunavut or federal government reports (print and electronic)
* Documents tabled in the Assembly (available next business day)
* Nunavut 1st reading bills 1999 to present
* Newly assented bills
* Contact information for MLA constituency offices
* Contact information for government departments within Nunavut and throughout Canada
We deliver to your deadlines by fax, e-mail, post or have materials ready for pick-up.
Our resources focus on government, public administration, politics, parliamentary practice, and northern issues. We have specialized materials related to the constitutional development of Nunavut. Other topics such as health, education and science are collected if there is a direct relevance to Nunavut.
We actively collect resources in the official languages of Nunavut and our catalogue reflects the language of publication.
Our collection also includes:
* An electronic repository of Government of Nunavut documents
* Newspapers including back issues of Nunavut newspapers and electronic subscriptions
* Journals and magazines covering a wide variety of subjects, including northern issues
* Nunavut Implementation Commission reports (print and electronic)
* Office of the Interim Commissioner reports (print and electronic)
* Inuktitut dictionaries, glossaries, and traditional knowledge texts
* All Legislative Assembly of Nunavut public records, Committee reports and debates (Hansard) since April 1, 1999
Partnerships with other libraries in Nunavut and across Canada, ensure access to an incredible wealth of information.
Nunavut Legislative Library supports the parliamentary process in Nunavut. The Library provides timely information services to the Legislative Assembly in support of the elected Members' roles as representatives of the people of Nunavut.
Service and resources are provided on a priority basis to Members of the Legislative Assembly, Standing and Special Committees, the Office of the Speaker, the Office of the Clerk, Legislative Assembly Research Service, Government of Nunavut employees, and the general public.
The Library maintains the public records of the Legislative Assembly of Nunavut. The Library also strives to acquire and maintain a comprehensive collection of published Nunavut Government documents on behalf of the people of Nunavut.